DuPont Schedule and The Way to Make It
Today, there are many companies, or maybe almost company, apply the specific working hour for their employee or the specific number of days each week. Well, this matter is applied and used to stabilise the working of the company, so the company could run well. In this matter, we will talk about the DuPont schedule and some information about it.
Well, as we know, some companies apply the traditional 8-hour shift with a total of 5 working days a week before finding the more flexible and better schedule. Well, the detail of it also becomes part of the DuPont strategy. The DuPont commonly uses the 12-hour rotating schedule.
Here, the DuPont strategy shows another working hour style, which could be considered. The detail of the DuPont strategy in talking about the working hour, are:
- Four consecutive night shift schedule with at least three rest days in the first week
- Three consecutive day shift schedules, one rest day and then 3 3 consecutive night schedules for the second week
- Three rest days and then four consecutive day shift for the third week
- Seven consecutive rest days for the fourth week
With the kind of the details DuPont schedule, each employee will get an average working hour around 42 hours each week. This kind of employee, working hour strategy, became the option after the 1950s.
Characteristic and Definition of DuPont Strategy
There are some characteristics and definitions about the detail DuPont schedule that you need to know. Knowing the characteristic of this strategy could be a good matter in making the schedule. Well, some kinds of characteristics are:
- The plain ID is a unique code, which will be useful to identify the shift planning to the employee
- The name of the shift plan should be included inside the document
- The applicability refers to the kind of the target of the shifting plan
- The shift refers to the different shift that you make based on the pattern
- The repeat cycle refers to the number of days by each team
Kinds of Rotation
In order to make a good rolling schedule, the rotation is something that you could do. In this case, there are some kinds of rotations, which you need to know. The kinds of rotations, which will make the DuPont strategy runs better are:
- Rotating shift pattern tells about the rotating system from a shift to another one based on the specific pattern
- Forward rotation, tells about the condition when a team rotates a shift later in a day to the earlier shift in the next day
- Backward rotation, tells about the condition when a team rotates an earlier shift to the later shift in the next day
- Fast rotation, tells about the rotation in every couple day
- Show rotation, tells about the condition of the team having the same shift in more than a week
Well, that is the kind of rotation of the shift. By knowing the matter, of course, you may make better and clearer shift for the employee. That is all about the DuPont schedule that you may learn. Please go online when you want to know about its examples.