When we make a post with many pages, of course in the writing folder requires a page where the lists of chapters and subtitles of the text along with the page. The existence of these pages to help not only the author to examine each chapter in his writing, but also to facilitate the readers.
Writing with many pages such as books requires pages that contain lists of pages called table of contents. Table of contents is an essential element in a paper with many pages such as books, theses, and theses. The table of contents will tell the chapters contained in work along with the page.
Making a table of contents is one of the hardest stages that must be passed when a paper is finished. Creating a table of contents can be carried out when all the posts have been edited so that each page will not change again.
How to make a table of contents
Creating a table of contents can use Microsoft Word or by using the TOC dialog box. Here are some ways to make a table of contents:
The first way is to make it manually. Manually means all writing, lines, and all will type points contained in the table of contents. This method is indeed slower than the automatic process. Next is the manual method using Microsoft Word:
- First, open the Microsoft Word application
- Then when you come to an entry, you notice the ruler at the top of the worksheet. If it doesn’t appear, you can go to the View tab then click on the ruler column.
- Then write the contents of the table of contents such as the title page, introduction and so on.
- The next step is to make points that connect the contents with the page number. The trick is to place the cursor next to the title page and then double click on the length in the page number that will be written.
- Tabs will appear, then in the alignment section, select left and number 2.
- Return the cursor next to the title page and click the tab
The second method is a method that can be used if the paper has many pages. Here’s the process:
- Enter the Microsoft Word application and open your writing file
- Then insert a blank page at the beginning of the file as a table of contents
- Then in each chapter, sub-chapter, and sub-sub, add a style heading by blocking the section to be entered in the table of contents and then clicking home then see the heading style menu and click Heading 1.
- Make sure that all the chapters have been given heading styles to enter the table of contents.
Table of contents is essential for a paper. From there readers and writers will be helped when they want to go to individual pages without having to go through separate pages. The table of contents templates can be an alternative reference for those of you who will make it.